Job ID: 319068
Job Title: Reference Librarian – Law Library
Job Code: 9715
Location: Twin Cities
Empl Group: Acad Prof and Admin
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
• M.L.S. from an A.L.A. accredited graduate school
• Minimum of one year of law library reference experience or a J.D degree from an A.B.A. accredited law school
• Knowledge of legal research tools and methodologies, and experience conducting legal research
• Evidence of strong service philosophy
• Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as work collaboratively
• Demonstrated reliability
• J.D. from an A.B.A. accredited law school
• Reference experience in a law library (academic, firm, corporate or government/court).
• Experience creating research guides using LibGuides content management system
About the Job
College/Admin Unit: Law School Campus: Twin Cities
Department/Unit: Law Library Position: 275193
Classification Title: Assistant Librarian (PART-TIME) Job Code: 9715
Working Title: Reference Librarian Reports To: 216682
The Reference Librarian reports to the Reference Administration & Web Services Librarian. This is a nine-month, 50% time appointment, renewable each academic year, for 20 hours per week including weekday and Sunday hours.
The part-time Reference Librarian provides legal reference service to Law School faculty, students, staff, and other patrons, providing reference desk and virtual reference service support. Other duties include creating and editing research guides, and special projects as assigned.
Original (full) posting and application information: Visit the UMN employment page and search for job #319068