Public Services Librarian
MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY MOORHEAD
1104 7th Avenue South
Moorhead, MN 56563
Classification: State University Faculty (Unclassified IFO)
Appointment: Full-time, Tenure Track/Probationary – This is a 12 month probationary appointment.
Application Deadline: Review of completed applications will begin immediately. This position will remain open until filled.
• Coordinates the library’s reference, circulation, reserve, and interlibrary loan activities
• Supervises classified staff and student assistants
• Assumes responsibility at the Reference Desk as assigned and agreed upon (including evenings and some weekends)
• Provides library instruction
• Other duties as assigned and agreed upon
• ALA accredited Master’s degree
• Experience in supervising others
• Reference experience in a public, academic, or special library
• Evidence of strong oral and written communication and excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Experience in the public services functions of a modern library
• Experience working with an integrated library system
• Reference experience in an academic library
• Knowledge of trends in the operations of an academic library
• Demonstrated leadership in a collaborative team environment
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with students of diverse backgrounds including sensitivity to their needs and concerns
• Second Master’s degree
Applications must include; a resume; unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts; the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three to five professional references. Review of completed applications will begin immediately. This position will remain open until filled.
The successful candidate must provide official transcripts of all academic work completed and, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, be able to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
To apply, please visit the following website and click on the position for which you are applying: https://www.mnstate.edu/humanresources/employment