Product Taxonomy Architect, 3M Corporate Marketing-Sales (Maplewood, MN)
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Product Taxonomy Architect for Corporate Marketing-Sales located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M is seeking a Product Taxonomy Architect in the corporate content team. The Product Taxonomy Architect is responsible for defining and maintaining a global product taxonomy in the 3M core product information management system. The person in this role will collaborate with a global network of product information management specialists to maintain the comprehensive 3M global product hierarchy and the associated attribute schema.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Lead the ongoing optimization and governance of the 3M global product hierarchy (GPH) and related metadata
• Collaborate with cross-functional project teams for 3M.com User Experience Team, GPIM governance, and IT GPIM team to ensure taxonomy effectively supports output requirements
• Update the GPH based on new products and major business changes
• Audit, analyze and optimize the GPH taxonomy
• Establish policies related to GPH
• Provide training and consulting on taxonomy maintenance, tagging, and use of GPH and schema
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
• Minimum of two (2) combined years of experience creating and/or maintaining product taxonomy in a private, public, government and/or military environment
• Combined experience with product catalog hierarchy and/or attribute development
• Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) is strongly preferred
• Multi-lingual and/or familiarity with Internationalization is a plus
• Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
• Strong relationship skills and thought-leadership ability
• Strong understanding and application of eCommerce technologies
• Experience with industry standards (ex. GTIN, UNSPSC, eCl@ss) is a plus
• Experience doing user research and usability testing for taxonomy validation and optimization
• Experience with Hybris or similar product information management technology
• Experience with Celum or similar digital asset management technology
• Experience with Synaptica or similar taxonomy management technology
• Experience with Endeca or similar online product catalog technology
• Experience with leading stakeholder interviews, user research, and taxonomy development workshops
• Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal skills and organizational skills
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic / international
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.