Requisition #: 18000MG4
Careers that Change Lives
As a member of the Knowledge Center team, the Principal Technical Information Specialist has responsibility to provide information-based research and consultation in support of regulatory, medical, and technical literature requests at Medtronic. This position works closely with functional leaders and partners to deliver decision-ready information that supports strategic initiatives. This role will also partner with Knowledge Center leadership to help build a pipeline of talent for literature research. Remote workers outside of Minnesota will be considered.
A Day in the Life
Perform literature research to support U.S. and international regulatory submissions. Includes constructing complex clinical literature searches on specific medical devices, treatment alternatives, and indications, and apply specific limiters per pre-established guidelines.
Ensure outputs are in accordance with external guidelines and regulations, as well as internal standard operating procedures.
Consult with Knowledge Center clients to provide medical and technical literature research, utilizing online databases and electronic resources.
Synthesize information and prepare reports. Participate in special projects or initiatives on an ad hoc or ongoing basis, providing communication, training, or logistical support to enhance Knowledge Center department initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree
4+ years as a professional information researcher where literature searching was your primary role.
• Demonstrated experience working on regulatory searches
• Researching in complex literature databases such as ProQuest, Dialog, Ovid, Embase.com or STN
• Internet searching skills using advanced search functionality
• Ability to scan literature to select salient information quickly and efficiently
• Experience with MS Office tools, including Excel spreadsheets, Word, and PowerPoint.
Nice to Have
• Expertise researching medical device or pharmaceutical topics
• Master’s degree in Library Science
• Experience with post processing software such as EndNote, Quosa, or Reference Manager
• Knowledge of clinical study processes
• Demonstrated ability in information synthesis, report generation and writing
• Savvy with technology, such as the ability to navigate online tools using macros and control keys
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with management.
• Highly developed written, verbal, and online social communication skills.
• Able to work independently with limited oversight
• Versatility and adaptability while working in fast-paced, challenging environment to produce high-quality work quickly and efficiently.
• Good judgment, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Work in a dynamic team environment
• Work on cross-functional teams
• Work globally across multiple cultures
• Leadership skills
• Project management skills
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
• Extended periods of time doing computer-based work
• Able to travel unassisted as required
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.