The Patron Services Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the patron-centered functions of the library which include circulation services, as well as Adult and Youth Services. The Patron Services Coordinator supervises circulation desk staff, including Library Assistants and Library Clerks, Library Aides, and volunteers, and directs the Adult and Youth Services staff.
The following job functions are the regular duties for this position. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Performs opening and / or closing of library, as needed.
• Performs circulation desk duties and provides first class customer service to all library visitors.
• Provides computer and technology assistance.
• Provides Reference and User Services
o Conducts reference interviews; provides reference and readers’ advisory services;
o Maintains patron confidentiality;
o Instruct patrons in the use of library equipment;
o Promotes patron use of library resources;
• Administrative and Management Skills
o Supervises Library Assistants, Clerks, and Library Aides, consulting with Director, as needed.
o Trains Library Assistants, Library Clerks, Library Aides, and volunteers.
o Ensures patron service desks, including circulation desk, as well as adult services desks are appropriately staffed.
o Monitors staffing and makes recommendations for scheduling changes.
o Monitors time-off and ensures shift coverage, filling-in as needed.
• Professionalism and Professional Development
o Keeps current of new and emerging technology;
o Participates in professional development opportunities when appropriate.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Education: Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science preferred; Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Experience: 3-5 years of customer service experience, preferably in a public library, with 1 of year supervisory experience required.
• A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Salary: $16.29 / hour
Closing: April 16, 2018
Completed application packets should include a completed City of Hudson job application, resume, cover letter, and 3 references should be emailed to: email@example.com
Applications can be found at: http://hudsonpubliclibrary.org/about#employment