Salary: $49,125.44 – $75,065.12 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Job Number: 17LIBB18LMS123
Closing: 11/29/2017 11:59 PM Central
Hennepin County Library’s (HCL) Library Services Division is seeking a Patron Experience Supervisor at the Penn Lake (Bloomington) Library. Those interested in future opportunities at other locations are also encouraged to apply at this time.
Patron Experience Supervisors are pivotal leaders in creating a Hennepin County where every person has the opportunity and resources to read, graduate, engage, work, and learn. Patron Experience Supervisors are leaders who provide a wide variety of tasks related to management, staff supervision, and service delivery to ensure the needs of staff and patrons are met in a safe and welcoming environment. As integral members in the management of Hennepin County Libraries, they lead and support library system and county initiatives, and they collaborate with other managers to identify and provide tools, resources, and development opportunities for ongoing staff learning and growth. They are also accountable for maintaining welcoming and operational buildings and services. The schedule for these positions is full-time and will include evenings and weekends.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
• Lead, support, and supervise staff to prioritize, shape, and coordinate patron services including customer service, collection maintenance, local programs, and community connections.
• Supervise, train, plan, and support the work of assigned staff.
• Provide coaching, performance management, and opportunities for employee development.
• Serve as project manager and/or team leader on system-wide programs, projects, or initiatives.
• Identify opportunities to apply continuous improvement principles to work in the library.
• Serve on or lead committees and teams to solve problems, improve service, or promote innovation.
• Represent Library Services on organization-wide or community committees and/or task forces, with limited authority to act on the department’s behalf.
• Direct materials handling workflow.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in public administration, business administration, or other field appropriate to the position and two or more years of experience providing direction or leadership to others (e.g. mentoring, training, project management, team leading, or coaching). Note: Experience providing direction or leadership to others may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
• Customer service experience.
• Experience working collaboratively with teams and groups.
• Ability to create supportive environments, lead change, manage conflict, and evaluate performance.
• Ability to deliver inclusive and responsive customer service to diverse communities.
Invitations to interview will be based on an assessment of education and experience.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.