Salary: $23.25 – $29.06 Hourly
Location: County-wide, MN
Job Type: Part Time-Benefits
Division: Community Services Division
Job Number: 2018-00045
Closing: 6/15/2018 11:59 PM Central
The eligible register developed from this posting may be used to fill future FT and PT vacancies within this classification.
Provides professional information services; assists in planning, coordination, and delivery of library programs, services, and/or projects. Primary responsibilities fulfilled at information desk that serves customers of all ages; may make work assignments to library associates, aides, and volunteers.
• Provides information services, including research assistance, readers’ advisory, chat reference, and instruction.
• Provides local branch service delivery by welcoming customers to the library, determining customer needs, and connecting customers with appropriate resources and staff; answering directional and basic informational questions; planning, delivering, and/or monitoring programs; and marketing and promoting programs throughout the library system.
• Assists in planning, coordination, and delivery of library programs.
• Markets and promotes library programs and services through conversations with customers.
• Provides work direction to staff and volunteers; serves as lead worker in the absence of the Branch Manager.
• Responds to complaints and problems as they arise; refers to supervisor as needed.
• Performs customer account tasks that may include account registration, basic circulation functions, placing holds and interlibrary loan requests, and accepting payment and making change.
• May support and train new hires, substitutes, and volunteers as directed.
• May represent library at county, city, school, and/or community events.
• Works in all branches of the Library system as the needs of service dictate.
• Participates in job-related meetings, events, and training.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Must work the days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, including evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Requires equivalency of a bachelor’s degree. A master’s degree in Library and Information studies or a related field is preferred. A minimum of two years experience working in a library setting is preferred.
Selection for this position will be based on a minimum qualifications screening and rating of training and experience. Top candidates will be forwarded to the hiring manager or supervisor for consideration for interview and/or additional assessments. Final selection will include a background check and approval by the County Board.