Part-Time Instruction & Outreach Librarian
Concordia University, St. Paul
The Part-Time Instruction & Outreach Librarian position contributes to the University’s mission of preparing students for “thoughtful and informed living” by providing research and information literacy instruction to students at the Library’s Research Desk during evening and weekend hours and in course-embedded instruction sessions, both in-person and online. This position may be assigned projects and other responsibilities that require the skills and knowledge of a librarian. In addition, this position provides oversight and direct supervision of the various service points in the Library building during evening and weekend hours.
• Library Instruction: Provide research assistance and library instruction to students, faculty, and staff in person, online, and by phone at the Library’s Research Desk and in courses, both in-person and online.
• Special Projects: Contribute to the management of library services and other projects, as required
• Supervision: Provide oversight and direct supervision of student workers staffing various service points in the Library building
Education and Experience
• Experience thriving in an environment that is rapidly changing. Demonstrated ability to work in a team and independently to accomplish library and institutional goals
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. A passion for learning new skills.
• Demonstrated ability to apply critical and creative thinking to the role of an academic library and librarians in a higher education setting.
• Experience providing a welcoming and supportive environment to users with diverse backgrounds and educational experiences. Experience serving non-traditional, adult, and distance learners.
• Required: Master’s Degree
• Required: Reference and/or Instruction experience in an academic library. Experience providing research assistance in multiple formats and venues (in-person, online, group, one-on-one). Knowledge of information resources across multiple formats and licensing models.
• Preferred: Supervisory experience, directing work of others.
The mission of Concordia University, St Paul, a university of The Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod, is to prepare students for thoughtful and informed living, for dedicated service to God and humanity, and for enlightened care of God’s creation, all within the context of the Christian gospel. This mission is rooted in academic excellence and Christian vocation.
The vision of Concordia University, Saint Paul, is to be acknowledged as the leading Lutheran university offering exceptional opportunities for students from all backgrounds who seek relevant career preparation and a challenging academic experience coupled with the insights of Lutheran theology.
Promise to Students – Concordia University, Saint Paul, empowers you to discover and engage your purpose for life, career and service, in a dynamic, multicultural, urban environment, where Christ is honored, all are welcome, and Lutheran convictions inform intellectual inquiry and academic pursuits.
Concordia University owns a 41-acre campus just West of Downtown St. Paul with easy access to light-rail and bus transportation. Only blocks away from popular Summit and Grand Avenues, restaurants, shopping, and cultural activities abound. Concordia is known to have one of the most racially and ethnically diverse university student bodies in the state of Minnesota.