Job Title: open+ Business Development Manager
Department: Sales – Business Development
Reports To: CCO / NA Sales Management
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
If you enjoy engaging with customers, find excitement in determining their needs, create trust and know how to influence buying decisions, becoming a Business Development Manager, specializing in our new open+ solution at bibliotheca would be a rewarding position for you!
open+ is a comprehensive system to extend library access through the use of technology. This new solution for North American libraries provides more convenient access for users, more flexibility for library staff and more opportunities for community impact. open+ has been implemented in over 500 libraries worldwide starting over 10 years ago in the Scandinavian region and has had significant adoption over the last 4 years across the UK and Europe. Launching this new solution in North America has been anticipated over the past year as we’ve prominently promoted the success of key beta sites. We are looking for an open+ Business Development Manager (BDM) to help drive adoption of this exciting new initiative. The open+ BDM will work closely with our larger sales organization to identify and drive new site adoption for open+ across North America. Entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to achieve stretch targets will be key.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, the open+ Business Development Manager must be able to perform the following successfully:
• Work directly with Public and Academic Library customers to effectively present and sell the open+ solution by communicating with customers in person, via telephone, e-mail and at industry conferences;
• Collaborate with other BDM’s to create new opportunities and drive adoption of open+ in libraries across the US;
• Determine multi-level library decision maker contacts through research and planning;
• Follow-through on all commitments to ensure 100% customer satisfaction in the sales process, including coordination with other company teams (project management, supply chain, etc.);
• Utilize company approved materials to deliver personalized sales presentations to libraries;
• Meet and/or exceed personal sales metrics and goals, achieving order acquisition and revenue targets specific to the open+ solution;
• Execute a strategic, efficient and high touch activity cadence via phone, email and in-person
visits, exceeding defined targets;
• Maintain accurate records of sales activity using Microsoft CRM;
• Ensure customer information and transaction details are accurate and current in CRM;
• Immediately respond to customer emails and phone calls and facilitate meeting coordination;
• Partner with additional sales teams to create leads for RFID, AMH and digital solutions;
• Create comprehensive customer quotes through CRM and assist Bid Team on RFP proposal responses;
• Provide performance/activity reports to manager as required;
• Actively participate in account reviews and promotional tactics with sales management and marketing to drive the continued reach of open+ in North America;
• Continue to gain advanced product and library market knowledge to differentiate yourself and bibliotheca in the eyes of the library customer;
• Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Travel Demands: North American travel over 60%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 4+ years of outbound business development and sales experience;
• Experience in a technology industry is preferred;
• Post-secondary education (College or University Degree), with a major in business or sales and marketing is preferred;
• Ability to communicate in Canadian French preferred, but not required
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent verbal communications, spelling and grammar;
• Good operational computing skill (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows, Internet Browsers);
• Able to work with teammates to ensure seamless customer experience;
• Confident, self-starter who works well independently;
• Possesses exceptional attention to detail and is committed to delivering quality output;
• Methodical, organized and accurate, with a very good attention to detail;
• Customer focused approach;
• Able to quickly learn new technology applications, company products and library industry
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Compute rate, ratio and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
Apply logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Deal with nonverbal symbolism (e.g., formulas and equations) in difficult phases. Deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is located in an office. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs light work; exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 15 pounds of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Concentration/Attention to Detail (Constant)
Vision (Close, Constant)
Verbal Communication (Frequent)
The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.