Position title: Metadata and Technical Services Specialist/Librarian
The Metadata and Technical Services Specialist/Librarian will work in a team environment executing a variety of metadata and library-related tasks essential to the daily operations of the company. The position is responsible for researching, collecting, and cataloging metadata on books, serials, e-books, etc. The Metadata and Technical Services Specialist/Librarian is also responsible for establishing company metadata standards and practices, organizing the company’s print and digital data holdings, and coordinating the addition of metadata into the company’s internal systems. Additionally, the Metadata and Technical Services Specialist/Librarian will be involved in developing other technical services including but not limited to EDI and shelf-ready.
This person must be a self-starter, with proven communication skills, quality and detail-orientated, with the ability to organize and prioritize the workload, ensuring deadlines are met. This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
• Establishing and implementing company metadata standards
• Researching, collecting, and cataloging metadata for print book and e-books, serials, maps, atlases, databases
• Preparing metadata for the entry into company’s internal systems
• Implementing a variety of technical services (EDI, binding, shelf-ready)
• Coordinating all metadata issues between departments
• Other tasks as assigned by the Department Director
• Experience in library setting, cataloging, and/or data management
• Cataloging experience and advanced knowledge of Library of Congress cataloging rules, standards and practices
• Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word)
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to complete short-term projects with tight deadlines
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees
• Foreign language skills desired (especially Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Persian, Arabic, Armenian or Korean), but not required
• Desire to learn new skills related to the role including computer hardware, software, and extensions
• Ability to supervise projects, and/or other employees should the opportunity necessitate
• Willingness and ability to travel for library related conferences
• Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Library/Information Science
• Master’s degree in Library/Information Science
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.