17-18 School Year Only
• High student achievement
• Instructional Technology – Wayzata middle schoolers utilize district-issued iPads (1-to-1), and a variety of additional educational technologies to support their learning on a daily basis.
• Alternate Compensation- This program provides teachers with additional professional development opportunities through peer coaches, courses and study groups.
• Competitive salary and benefits- Our benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance; long term disability and employee assistance program.
• Professional support and development- First year teachers are provided a mentor and on-going professional development opportunities.
• Good People- We strive to hire good people that work well together and have fun doing it.
Candidates selected to fill the role of Middle School Media Specialist will be given the great responsibility of continuing our long standing commitment to academic excellence. This will be achieved through the design and delivery of a middle-level media center program model that ensures the engagement of a diverse population of learners. In addition, you will be responsible for building positive relationships and working collaboratively with students, parents, and staff members to foster a positive experience for the entire learning community.
• Must have a valid MN Teaching License.
• Ideal candidates should have the media library specialist license.
• Must have strong classroom management skills with the ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
• Must have the ability to build positive working relationships with students, parents, and staff.
• Must be proficient with current technology used to support communication, academics, and student progress monitoring.
• Ideal candidates will have experience collaborating with teachers to plan, develop and support innovative learning experiences for students.
• Apply online at www.wayzata.k12.mn.us
• Internal Applicants must complete the internal application located on the website under application process.
• This is a round 2 position and is open to current employees and outside candidates-position will remain open until filled regardless of closing date.