• High student achievement
• Instructional Technology- Technology levy has increased the number of computers and other technology available for use in the classroom.
• Alternate Compensation- This program provides teachers with additional professional development opportunities through peer coaches, courses and study groups.
• Competitive salary and benefits- Our benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance; long term disability and employee assistance program.
• Professional support and development- First year teachers are provided a mentor and on-going professional development opportunities.
• Good People- We strive to hire good people that work well together and have fun doing it.
Candidates selected to fill the role of Media Specialist at Central Middle School will be given the great responsibility of continuing our long standing commitment to academic excellence. This will be achieved through the design and delivery of media and literacy instruction that ensures the success of a diverse population of learners. In addition, you will be responsible for building positive relationships and working collaboratively with students, parents, and staff members to foster a positive experience for the entire learning community.
• Must have a valid MN Library Media Specialist license covering grades 6-8.
• Ideal candidates should have experience with multiple instructional designs and differentiated strategies that support diverse learners.
• Must have strong classroom management skills with the ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
• Must have the ability to build positive working relationships with students, parents, and staff.
• Must be proficient with current technology used to support communication, academics, and student progress monitoring.
• Ideal candidate will have experience with media instruction and managing a modern Media Center.
Apply online at http://www.wayzataschools.org/apply.
Internal Applicants must complete the internal application located on the website under application process.
This is a round 2 position and is open to current employees and outside candidates-position will remain open until filled regardless of closing date.