Position: Media Specialist
School: Community School of Excellence (CSE)
Description: Media Specialist
2017-2018 School Year
Full-time, 10 months, Exempt Employee
The School media specialist advises teachers and administrators on the use of non-print media, such as movies, audiotapes, filmstrips, and slide presentations. They are experts on the tools and techniques of media production and presentation. Lead the school in developing new and creative audiovisual materials for the school.
• Operates a variety of audio-visual equipment and instruments, such as video cameras, recorders, editors, photographic cameras, slide projectors, and film processing equipment;
• Serves as a technical expert for assigned work areas, such as directing a photographic or video shoot, providing audio-visual support for presentations, and answering written or telephone inquiries regarding school policies or activities;
• Participates in the preparatory phases of media production, such as ascertaining the communication needs and goals of school staff or community members, recommending services and procedures, researching topics, and developing information with the assistance of content specialists;
• Participates in or directs the actual production of various media, such as writing news articles, designing and shooting slide presentations, and producing and editing video for event programs;
• Plans and coordinates staffing, equipment and materials for media productions, programs, or events;
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve school programs and work cooperatively and jointly with school staff and teacher to provide quality media productions.
• 2+ years media experience in audio-visual productions, photography, journalism, marketing, public relations or a related field
• A University or College Education (Business or Communications preferred)
• Knowledge of education media or marketing trends – search, display, Social media, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
About the School: Community School of Excellence (CSE) is a K-8 Hmong language and culture school located in St. Paul, Minnesota. The school was started by a group of dedicated educators, parents and community members who had a desire and passion to create a Hmong language and culture school that truly belonged to the community and provided a world class education for all students.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should apply by sending the following credentials and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the school address at: Community School of Excellence School District #4181, 170 Rose Ave West, St. Paul, MN 55117
Please submit the following:
1. Letter of interest
2. Current Resume
3. Complete CSE application
This position is posted by the Minnesota Association of Charter Schools on behalf of. For more information on this and other job openings available in Minnesota charter schools, go to http://www.mncharterschools.org/networking-exchange/careers.php.