Job Title: Media/Library EA1 Daytons Bluff
Job ID: 1013916
Location: Daytons Bluff Achievement Plus
Daytons Bluff Achievement Plus is seeking a EA1 – Library Assistant 10 Mo.
One of the following:
• An AA, AS, AAS (or higher) degree, or
• Two years of post-secondary coursework (60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits) from an accredited institution of higher education which are applicable toward a bachelors degree, or
• A passing score of 460 (or higher) on the ParaPro Assessment and either a high school diploma or a GED certificate.
May be required to take training in Destiny library software and other job-related training technical training as required by the site where employed.
• An AA, AS, AAS (or higher) degree.
• Experience with automated library software systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of, and skill in using, both Mac and Windows computer platforms, iPads, and audio and video equipment.
• Basic library/media center skills, including the location, selection and use of print and digital reading sources and content area materials.
• Good keyboarding and filing skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability work effectively and efficiently in an educational environment.
• Ability to relate to, and communicate effectively with, persons representing diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, including students, staff and the public.
• Ability to effectively use technology devices to provide assistance and to demonstrate their use to others.
• Ability to use print and digital learning resources.
The essential functions, include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
• Assist students and staff with selecting and locating books and information resources and demonstrating how to use the automated circulation catalogue.
• Check books in and out of the library.
• Direct staff and students to available district and state digital resources.
• Assist students and school staff with computers, iPads and audio and video activities by demonstrating how to use equipment effectively.
• Monitor student work and behavior during library time; promote a good learning environment by maintaining an orderly and productive space.
• Perform routine processing of new library materials and equipment as needed.
• Shelve books and keep other materials organized; repair and/or replace damaged books.
• Assist students who have overdue or lost books; run reports and collect fines.
• Maintain library records and prepare routine reports.
• Inventory the library collection.
• Ensure that library computers and other equipment are well maintained.
• Schedule class time or other activities taking place in the library.
• Assist licensed staff with researching new books and resources for the library, classrooms and book clubs.
• May be assigned to attend staff meetings and/or other meetings related to students and the program.
• Contribute to the District’s Strong Schools, Strong Communities efforts by partnering with other staff to contribute to student achievement and the alignment and sustainability of resources.
• Perform other related paraprofessional level library duties.
Essential functions are job duties that the individual holding the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation through the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disability Amendments Act (ADAAA). The essential functions are typical duties as outlined under Responsibilities.
Regular and reliable attendance.
May be exposed to various cleaning products.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
This is a 10-month position working 37.5 hours per week.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the EA negotiated labor agreement. The labor agreement and salary schedule can be found at https://www.spps.org/Page/33566. The minimum rate of pay for this position is $15.94 per hour.
Benefits are available to new employees after 30 days of active employment. Benefits include medical insurance, life insurance, sick leave, pension plan, tax-free retirement account, and flexible spending account. Some employee groups also receive vacation, dental insurance and disability insurance. A benefits summary is available at https://www.spps.org/Domain/13220.
How To Apply
To be considered further, please apply for this position and attach a resume and cover letter to your online application.
The Human Resource Department will review your application materials and contact you regarding the next steps.
To attach additional documents to your online application, click on the “Additional Attachments” link from the applicant homepage and upload your documents as attachments. Valid file extensions for attaching a document include .doc, .txt, .rtf, and .pdf.
Transcript – Unofficial transcripts are accepted at the time of hire. You must submit official transcripts within 30 days of your start date. Formal credential evaluation is required for post-secondary education completed outside of the United States.
Veteran’s Preference – If you are an eligible veteran applying for a job where veteran’s preference applies and wish to claim Veterans Preference you must submit a legible copy of your DD214 to the Human Resource Department with your employment application. If your claim is approved, five or ten additional points will be added to your final passing score.
Criminal Background Investigation and Reference Checks – Reference checks and a criminal background investigation will be completed as a condition of hire for all new employees and for former employees who have not been employed by the District for more than six months.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Paul Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.
SPPS is committed to an equitable workforce where all employees represent this commitment through equitable practices in their job position.