Date of Availability: 2017-2018 School Year
Date Closing: 03/24/2017
Description: The Media Specialist extends and supports classroom curriculum and experiences by administering and managing a collection of materials and equipment and through teaching learner skills in finding, interpreting, and applying information to help students function effectively.
1. Consults with teachers regarding educational materials, provides resources and assists in the evaluation of materials used in order to support curriculum utilized in the classroom.
2. Provides assistance to teachers and students in the operation of instructional equipment and materials to assist the student in becoming a self— reliant learner.
3. Prepares inventories, orders and maintains supplies and equipment, develops procedural manuals, prepares and submits reports and maintains resource catalogs so that the necessary equipment and materials are easily accessible and readily available.
4. Designs and produces instructional material for special and unique applications for use in the classroom or other school related purposes.
5. Participates in multi—county and multi—type library programs and other cooperative organizations in order to utilize all available resources to improve the educational process.
6. Conducts activities such as book talks, story hours, and creates displays to promote reading and learning by the student.
7. Other job related duties as assigned.
1. BA/BS degree.
2. Appropriate licensure for area of teaching.
3. Licensure as a Media Generalist.
4. Good human relation skills.
5. Good communication skills.