Salary: $19.01 – $27.16 Hourly
Location: Victoria Library, MN
Job Type: Part-time 20 hrs per week
Division: Public Services
Job Number: 01165
Closing: 7/17/2017 4:30 PM Central
Under the supervision of the Library Systems Administrator, the Library Technology Associate maintains and supports library hardware and software applications to assist library staff with daily job tasks, and works with the Library Systems Administrator to implement software and hardware changes and research, plan, and implement new technologies.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist Library Systems Administrator (LSA) with Integrated Library System (ILS) duties such as credit card payment and materials recovery reports, and serve as backup in absence.
• Assist with Automated Materials Handling (AMH) – hardware, software and daily operations.
• Assist library staff in troubleshooting issues on staff and public pcs and open help desk tickets for Carver County IT assistance as needed.
• Assist the public and staff with devices to access library resources.
• Coordinate and implement staff and public training as needed.
• Coordinate and assist with software upgrades on library owned equipment.
• Document procedures for hardware and software troubleshooting and maintain information on Library Connection.
• Make recommendations to LSA on process improvements, upgrades, and new initiatives.
• Handle circulation tasks using ILS including checkout and check in.
• Maintain inventory and purchase library equipment (keyboards, mice, flash drives, headphones, receipt printers, scanners) as needed.
• Maintain hardware inventory and software versioning and license information.
• Serve as contact person for library staff for digital signage.
• Set up technology equipment in meeting rooms as needed for staff and public meetings.
• Work with third party library vendors (EnvisionWare, 3M, Tech Logic, RFID for Libraries) to gain knowledge about their software, provide usage reports, and prepare for software upgrades.
• Associate Degree (AA) or two years vocational training with emphasis in Computer Science/Computer Office Management Software or related field and;
• Two (2) years relevant work experience in providing software and technical support and assistance in use of personal computer systems and related software applications and;
• One (1) year experience in a Library or customer service focused role;
• Or an equivalent combination or education and experience; and
• Valid driver’s license.
SCORED EXAMINATION PROCESS
All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications, scored and ranked. The highest ranked candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be recommended for the scored oral examinations (interviews). Final selection for the position will include successful completion of oral interview(s) and background investigation.