Job Class: Library Technician
Working Title: Copy Cataloger
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 09/15/2022
- Closing Date: 09/23/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota State and St. Cloud State University
- Division/Unit: University Library
- Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
- Work Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Days of Work: Monday – Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $19.08 – $26.52/hourly; $39,839 – $55,373/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 207 – Technical/AFSCME
- Work Area: University Library
- Location: St. Cloud State University
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
This position exists to provide patrons with library services both directly and through the management of a well-trained student employee workforce.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills sufficient to determine and respond to the informational needs of patrons of varied educational levels and backgrounds.
- Excellent human relations skills in interacting with others courteously, using tact, and demonstrating interest in positive problem solving.
- Computing skills sufficient to design and utilize documents, spreadsheets, and databases to meet needs of the position.
- Ability to train and set work expectations for student assistants.
- Ability to support and manage records-management systems.
- Ability to develop, evaluate, and revise procedures so that the library runs efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to interact with and understand a variety of information resources sufficient to assist patrons of varied educational levels and backgrounds in a rapidly changing information environment.
- Experience with copy cataloging.
- Familiarity with library standards, including MARC 21, AACR2, LCSH, and RDA.
- Experience with OCLC Connexion.
- Ability to work with cataloging resources and technical manuals.
- Ability and willingness to engage in continuous improvement of skills and capacities.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team, participating in cross-training and backing up/receiving back-up from team members when needed.
- Knowledge of St. Cloud State University and University Library policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills, dependability, and personal flexibility.
- Knowledge of University Library’s stakeholders, responsibilities, goals and objectives.
The successful candidate will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission, and in particular, the value we place in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as outlined in SCSU’s It’s Time strategic framework. Notably, we uphold the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion and engage in intentional actions to address systemic inequities throughout the university and surrounding environment. DEI values, practices, and strategies are embedded into the fabric of our institution and campus community, and they align with the priorities expressed in the Minnesota State system’s Equity 2030 initiative. SCSU expects all of its employees to help advance these practices and to contribute to the development of an anti-racist, inclusive community.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor/.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.