Job Title: Library Technician
Job ID: 36601
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 10/28/2019
Closing Date: 11/22/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: MN St Colleges & Universities / RiverlandCC-Austin -AFSCME
Division/Unit: MnSCU Riverland Austin CC / MnSCU Rvrld Austin CC Class
Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: M-F
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $17.33 – $24.08/hourly; $36,185 – $50,279/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 207 – Technical/AFSCME
Location: Austin, MN
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Job Summary: Riverland Community College welcomes applications for the full time position of Library Technician from individuals who are passionate about helping students succeed. We are committed to supporting diversity in all of its forms. Applicants representing diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Position Purpose: Under general supervision, the Library Technician organizes, maintains and delivers library services and provides technical and instructional support to patrons in the use of library resources, including physical and electronic.
- Operate various types of office machines, such as photocopying machines, micro-readers, and micro-computers sufficient to locate catalog information, word-process documents and prepare reports.
- Train and assign student clerical workers and advise professional library staff sufficient to maintain the library collection according to library policy and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with clients of varied educational levels and backgrounds sufficient to determine and respond to their informational needs.
- Complete detail-oriented tasks quickly and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Two or more years of experience with general library standards and procedures, including working and in-depth knowledge of the Library of Congress Classification System and Subject Heading Catalog, OCLC, PALS, Integrated Library Systems, MINITEX, Minnesota State and other library entities.
- Knowledge of ALMA and Primo.
- Higher Education/academic work experience.
- Masters Degree in Library Science, Library Information Systems or related classwork/courses.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
To apply: Search Job ID 36601 at MN Careers.