Job Title: Library Technician
Job ID: 18292
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Class: Library Technician
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 11/17/2017
Closing Date: 12/07/2017
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota State / Minnesota State University Moorhead
Appointment Type: Unlimited – Full-time
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday – Friday
Travel Required: Seldom
Salary Range: $16.62 – $23.09 /hourly; $34,703 – $48,212 /annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit: AFSCME
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
To provide assistance for services and operations of the University Archives, Northwest Minnesota Historical Center, and the Curriculum Materials Center (CMC), and to the Archivist and the CMC Librarian. To coordinate, organize, and promote Read Aloud Book Award program. This position is comprised of half time (50%) in the University Archives and half time (50%) in the CMC.
Duties will include:
• Manage a variety of materials so that they can be added to the University Archives and the Northwest Minnesota Historical Center collections.
• Promote public and customer services for those who use the University Archives physically and digitally.
• Supervise student workers, volunteers, and interns so that they complete assigned tasks efficiently.
• Carry out office tasks so that the University Archives functions smoothly.
• Develop digitization projects to preserve and make collections visible to MSUM students, faculty, staff, administrators, and alumni and off-campus researchers.
• Implement the Read Aloud Book Awards Program with the CMC Librarian.
• Guide patrons in locating materials.
• Collaborate with the CMC Librarian and perform essential library duties to ensure efficient operation of the CMC.
• Create and maintain in the MnPALS System a file of materials ready to purchase.
• Working knowledge of library classification system(s) and standard library reference tools sufficient to assist clients in locating materials and conducting research.
• Apply and support detailed coding or cataloging systems sufficient to create tracking for new print and non-print library acquisitions and locate and replace existing materials.
• Operate personal computers, use various software and web-based applications, and other office equipment sufficient to locate catalog information, word-process documents, complete forms and prepare reports.
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing sufficient to determine and respond to the informational needs of clients of varied educational levels and backgrounds; to train, direct and evaluate work of student clerical staff; and to assist the professional library staff to maintain the library collection according to library policy and procedures.
• Experience working in a university library.
• Knowledge of Aleph Integrated Library System & the MnPALS System.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Original posting / application information: Visit the State of Minnesota Careers page and search for job #18292