Job Title: Library Technician
Job ID: 19329
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Class: Library Technician
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 1/4/2018
Closing Date: 1/12/2018
Hiring Agency: Department of Corrections
Location: Minnesota Correctional Facility (MCF) – Faribault
Work Shift/Work Hours: Varying evenings Monday-Friday between 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM, and varying Saturdays between noon – 5:00 PM
Days of Work: Varies
Days Off: Sunday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $16.62- $23.09/hourly
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The Minnesota Department of Corrections has an opening for a Library Technician at the Minnesota Correctional Facility-Faribault. This position is designated as part-time and will be scheduled to work at least 16 hours per two-week pay period during the days/hours specified above. The work schedule will vary and be shared with another part-time Library Technician.
This position updates and maintains the circulation of library materials; provides staffing of libraries during working hours including evenings and weekends as scheduled; maintains documentation of offender attendance and use of library materials; and supervises the use of the law library.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
-Facilitate the circulation of library materials.
-Supervise the law library.
-Update, repair and maintain library materials.
This position has direct contact with offenders.
The following qualifications are required of all applicants seeking consideration for this position:
Working knowledge of:
– Library classification system(s) and standard library reference tools sufficient to assist clients in locating materials and conducting research.
– Apply and support detailed coding or cataloging systems sufficient to create tracking for new print and non-print library acquisitions and locate and replace existing materials.
– Operate personal computers, use various software and web-based applications, and other office equipment sufficient to locate catalog information, word-process documents, complete forms and prepare reports.
– Communicate effectively orally and in writing sufficient to determine and respond to the informational needs of clients of varied educational levels and backgrounds; to train, direct and evaluate work of student clerical staff; and to assist the professional library staff to maintain the library collection according to library policy and procedures.
The following qualifications are strongly desired of applicants seeking consideration for this position:
– An Associate’s degree or higher.
– Experience working in a library setting.
– Experience working in an educational setting.
– Experience working in a correctional setting.
Tuberculosis screening may be required prior to hire for this position. For a copy of the Physical Demands Analysis, please contact Deb Wingfield (email@example.com).
The selection process may include screening the top candidate(s) on their criminal history, predatory offender registration, offender associations and/or other applicable background information in accordance with Department of Corrections’ policy.
Employment history/reference checks, including incidents of sexual harassment, will also be conducted on the top candidate(s) in accordance with Department of Corrections’ policy. This may include a review of job performance and discipline records.
New employees will be fingerprinted within the first 30 days of employment.
Original posting / application information: Visit the State of Minnesota Careers website and search for job id #19329