Job Class: Library Technician
Working Title: Library Technician
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 05/09/2018
Closing Date: Position will remain open until position is filled with priority given to applications received on or before June 1, 2018
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota State / Lake Superior College
Appointment Type: Full Time Unlimited
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday – Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $16.95 – $23.55 /hourly; $35,392 – $49,172 /annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 207 – AFSCME
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
This position exists to file, shelve, and circulate library materials, assist library users in locating materials. Provides support for students and staff in the Library.
• Working knowledge of library classification system(s) and standard library reference tools sufficient to assist clients in locating materials and conducting research.
• Ability to interpret detailed coding or cataloging systems sufficient to create tracking for new print and non-print library acquisitions and locate and replace existing materials.
• Proficient in software and web-based applications sufficient to catalog information, complete forms and prepare reports.
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Experience with interlibrary loan networks, copyright guidelines and location, sufficient to coordinate inter library loan program.
• Ability to adapt quickly to new information technologies and master new technologies.
• Experience with OCLC, ALEPH online systems.
• Previous Higher Education or MinnState experience.
• Experience with Higher Education, Accounting software, purchasing networks sufficient to input and retrieve data from various sources.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Original posting / application information: Visit the MN Careers page and search for keyword “library”