Salary: $70,116.80 – $105,185.60 Annually
Location: Chaska Library Administration, MN
Job Type: Full-Time
Division: Public Services
Job Number: 01282
Department: Library Services-Administration
Closing: 2/20/2018 4:30 PM Central
Under the general supervision of the Library Director, the Library Systems Administrator implements, manages and oversees all technologies within the Library System including the Library’s Integrated Library System (ILS) and all current and new technologies (hardware, software, applications and portable electronic devices) used within the Library and supervises the library technology staff.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises and directs the work of library technology support staff,
• Responsible for managing Library systems, software, and hardware. This includes database management, purchasing new products; system upgrades, reporting and vendor relationship management.
• Provides systems administration to include installation, configuration and m maintenance of Library software applications; researches, troubleshoots and resolves problems related to the ILS and other library software application vendors, internet, document management, self checkout, systems availability and performance, etc.
• Creates and implements Library Technology Plan in compliance with overall County goals.
• Evaluates emerging technologies for application within the Library System.
• Provides project management for the implementation and application of new technologies. Provides work direction to employees assigned to the project.
• Oversees system-related issues; oversees the preparation and maintenance of statistical reports pertaining to circulation; analyzes library collection to determine circulation patterns, in both electronic and print collections.
• Responsible for monitoring the monthly technology budget and e-rate application process associated with the assigned function and advises the Library Director on proposed budget each fiscal year to include justifications for purchase. Coordinates library software and hardware purchases and monitors subscriptions and maintenance and license agreements.
• Acts as a liaison and single point of contact with the ILS and other library vendors, Carver County Information Technology Department, and MELSA committees. Troubleshoots technology issues for library staff before submission to IT Help Desk.
• Coordinates library services with other local, regional and state systems and programs.
• Attends professional meetings and maintains active membership in relevant local, regional and state and national associations. Remains current on library and technology trends, issues, and standards.
• Manages and maintains online library website, online catalog and databases.
• Communicates information to variety of internal and external customers.
• Provides reports as requested.
• Performs related duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science or Computer Science and 5 years related experience OR Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred: M.L.S. or M.L.I.S (Masters Degree in Library or Information Science) and 2 or more years of related experience.
Two or more years supervisory experience preferred.
Requires valid driver’s license.
SCORED EXAMINATION PROCESS
All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications, scored and ranked. The highest ranked candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be recommended for the scored oral examinations (interviews). Final selection for the position will include successful completion of oral interview(s) and background investigation.