MnDOT Library Student Worker
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) Library seeks candidates for the position of Library Student Worker. This is a part-time (20-39 hours per week) position with anticipated duration from mid-March 2018 to mid-September 2018. The MnDOT Library is located in the Transportation Building in Saint Paul, MN.
The purpose of this position is to perform para-professional library duties that assist and support MnDOT Library staff by providing crucial information, technology, and networking to MnDOT staff, city and county practitioners, and other members of Minnesota’s transportation community.
• Manage periodicals collection including receipt, distribution, shelving and claiming of newly-received periodicals and other acquisitions.
• Process incoming and outgoing interlibrary loans.
• Perform basic research and reference work for MnDOT and other transportation professionals while staffing the library service desk, or involve a librarian as needed.
• Assist with basic cataloging duties, special projects, and events.
• As time permits: Process donations, inventory materials, and perform other duties that are critical to delivering MnDOT initiatives.
• Enrolled in an ALA-Accredited MLIS (Master of Library and Information Science) program through the duration of this position.
• Basic understanding of library science theory and practice.
• High attention to detail and degree of accuracy.
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs.
• Knowledge and understanding of interlibrary loan standards, practices, and codes, and relevant portions of the U.S. Copyright Law.
• Knowledge of OCLC Online Computer Library Catalog and Interlibrary Loan Systems.
• Knowledge of Aleph integrated library system: Interlibrary loan and cataloging components.
Complete details are available at the State of Minnesota careers website. Search for Job ID# is 20288.
Applications must be submitted through the State of Minnesota Careers website https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/
Applications close on 2/20/2018.