Library Specialist – PreK-8 1.0 FTE – Medium Term Sub – Carondelet Catholic
Posted on 2020-10-14 8:34:01 AM
Listing expires 2020-12-13 12:00:00 AM
Carondelet Catholic School Position Title: Library Specialist, ALL Licensure areas will be considered for this position
We maintain a safe workplace with masking, barriers, and sanitizing regimens that encompass all areas of the work environment.
Receives work direction from: School Principal and Assistant Principal
Schedule: Daily for up to 3 months, potentially ending on February 1st, 2021 – Scheduled school days. Work times may be slightly negotiable, depending on candidate and school needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Job Summary: The Library Specialist works to meet the day to day student needs. This position will be located at our Lower Campus, PreK – 2nd grades and our Upper Campus housing grades 3-8.
● Complete a background check with no history of substantiated child abuse or neglect and attend a VIRTUS training session prior to employment.
● Maintain current Bloodborne Pathogen certification.
● Carries out these duties and responsibilities in support of the Mission Statement and philosophy of Carondelet Catholic School.
JOB PURPOSE: To complete the duties of Librarian in accordance with mission/belief statements of Carondelet Catholic School.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Public behavior must not violate the faith, morals, teachings or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese.
It is expected that all employees respect the doctrine and religious practices of the Catholic Church. Reasonable accommodations for the religious practice of employees not of the Roman Catholic faith will similarly be respected. When religion is a significant factor for the particular job under consideration, the religion of the applicant may be taken into account.
● Support the mission, philosophy and goals of Carondelet Catholic School.
● Understand, support and live the basic teachings of the Catholic Church.
● Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the Carondelet Employee Handbook, the School Faculty and Staff Manual, and Parent/Student Handbook.
● Demonstrate flexibility in dealing with a variety of situations.
● Give evidence of physical and mental vigor.
● Be familiar with school, city and state regulations and policies regarding health and safety in a school environment.
● Have the ability to react in emergency situations in the classroom, building and school/Church grounds.
● Be present, on time and prepared to meet the needs of students and fulfill the responsibilities assigned.
● Be prompt with reports and forms requested by the administration.
● Dress to maintain a professional appearance.
● Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and school policy.
● Keep confidential any matters that require confidentiality.
● Be open to new ideas.
● Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the principal or assistant principal.
● Take proper care of school equipment, materials and facilities.
● Maintain appropriate communication with all members of the school and parish community.
● Promptly respond to any messages, phone calls and emails (within 24 hours).
● Maintain a clean and orderly work space.
● Be able to move from one floor to another using stairs.
● Other reasonable duties as assigned. Details are described in supplemental materials upon hire.
Long term Sub rate of pay will be considered for the candidate selected. Relevant experience will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume, cover letter for this position and three (3) letters of recommendation to Principal Mary Yamoah, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will begin immediately. If you have questions about this position, please call Mary Yamoah, Principal at (612) 927-8673 ext 1003