Salary: $14.96 – $15.41 Hourly
Location: Johnsville Branch Library, MN
Job Type: Part Time under 30 hours
Job Number: 18146
Closing: 7/19/2018 4:30 PM Central
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the northern Twin Cities metropolitan area where you can make a meaningful difference in others’ lives and enjoy a positive work-life balance?
Our diverse Anoka County team brings next-level talents, personalities and experiences together in ways that make us both effective and efficient. Our team of nearly 2,000 employees is united by a common mission to preserve the public’s trust. We do this by bringing our very best to work every day and serving Anoka County’s 345,000 citizens in a respectful, innovative and fiscally responsible manner.
If your career aspirations resonate with our mission, we invite you to Find Your Path at Anoka County! The Anoka County Library connects community to ideas, information and inspiration. Apply today to join our team!
Library Service Assistants:
Helping community members get a library card, learn about library services, and keeping books and media flowing throughout the system, are just a few of the key roles that Library Service Assistants fill. We are currently seeking a part-time Library Service Assistant to provide direct assistance to library patrons at the Johnsville branch location. This recruitment may also be used to fill future part-time openings at any of our eight locations – Centennial, Crooked Lake, Johnsville, Mississippi, North Central, Northtown, Rum River and St. Francis. The Library Service Assistant is an active and essential part of the Anoka County Library team, serving a diverse community of library patrons.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
These examples are not all inclusive and are intended to be illustrative of primary responsibilities of a Library Service Assistant.
• Greet, inform and explain resources and services to patrons.
• Delivers consistent quality customer experience.
• Create and maintain patron records.
• Use computer systems to manage movement of library materials.
• Assist patrons with technology, including scanners, computers, tablets, and e-readers.
• Provide information and instructions to patrons about library use and services.
• Accurately enter assessment and payment of fines and fees using an electronic cash management system.
• May work at other locations within our multi-site system, when needed.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• One year (2,080 hours) experience with public or customer service (2 or more years preferred).
• One year (2,080 hours) of experience with computers and computer software (2 or more years preferred).
• One year (2,080 hours) computerized register cash handling experience (2 or more years preferred).
• Stand, bend, stoop, reach and carry for extended periods of time and occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
Knowledge of: Numeric and alphabetical filing systems.
Ability to: Communicate and collaborate effectively; Learn and change for continual improvement; Deal with a varied work pace and variety of responsibilities; Maintain a positive, respectful attitude while problem solving and dealing with stressful situations; Thrive working in an environment with a high volume of public service to people of all cultures and age groups; Operate a computerized cash register system.
Skill in: Data entry, computer usage, and electronic cash handling.
Must successfully pass a criminal history background check.
Anoka County Salary Schedule, Grade A007.
Normal hiring range: $14.96 – $15.41 per hour.
2018 salary range: $14.96 -$23.03 per hour; Career potential up to $24.62 per hour.
After successful completion of a six-month initial hire probationary period, eligible for a probationary period increase.
Anoka County Libraries are open varying hours, 7 days a week, between 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Part-time hours vary from 20-28 hours per pay week. All schedules will include days, evenings and weekends. Proposed schedules provided, as openings become available, and are subject to change.
The examination/selection process for this classification will consist of a review of your training and experience from the application materials submitted. The most qualified candidates will be invited for an oral exam or interview. Some positions may require skills based testing as part of the selection process.
Include responses to all supplemental questions with your application no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date of the position. Resume and cover letter submissions are accepted but are not required. The resume cannot be used in lieu of the application.
If you have a disability that would prevent you from testing for a position under standard conditions or if you wish to submit Veteran’s Preference information, please notify the Anoka County Employee Relations Department at 763-324-4307 so that every reasonable effort can be made to accommodate you.