Date Closing: 3/26/19
General Purpose of Job: To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning.
Plan, supervise, coordinate and implement the media program in the building. Instruct students and staff in effective use of the media center, information technologies and equipment. Evaluate, select, schedule, and utilize print and non-print material and related equipment.
Responsibilities: Instruct students in designated subject area and other appropriate learning activities. Implement a results oriented information literacy curriculum, integrated with subject area curricula and delivered through a partnership with teacher. Provide leadership and guidance for integrating instructional technologies. Be knowledgeable of curriculum in all subject areas. Instruct teachers, other staff and students in the use of new information technologies. Collaborate with staff in designing instructional strategies. Recommend resources to staff for use in meeting their instructional objectives.
Required Qualifications: Valid Minnesota teaching license and Media Generalist Licensure.
• Information literacy process
• Evaluation and selection of print, non-print, and electronic resources
• Technical expertise
• Collaboration with students and staff
• Instructional methods and strategies
• Curriculum development; Learning theory
• Student growth and development
• Human behavior; Leadership skills
• Communication skills
• Organizational and budget management skills
• Human relation skills
Benefits: Group Benefits