Library Media Specialist (1.0 LTS) JobID: 10078
Position Type: Elementary School Teaching/Media Specialist
Date Posted: 2/14/2017
Location: Gage Elementary School
Date Available: 04/12/2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
WORK DAY/YEAR: Full-time, long-term substitute (1.0 LTS) position available beginning on or about April 12, 2017 and ending on June 9, 2017.
SALARY: According to REA contract, based on education and experience
See attachment for salary schedule.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of the students and his/her own performance
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills
- Manages media center collections and budgets (including leveled libraries in elementary schools)
- Provides direct instruction in media literacy (elementary)
- Provides media support to students and teachers
- Supervises media paraprofessional’s work
CURRENT MINNESOTA K-12 LIBRARY MEDIA SPECIALIST LICENSE REQUIRED.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Rochester Public Schools has the seventh largest enrollment in Minnesota with 17,100 K-12 students with a District goal to diversify its workforce. The student population mirrors the growing diversity of the community with a minority student population of 34.50 percent. Rochester, Minnesota is a city of 111,000+ and twice voted “The Best Place to Live in America” by Money magazine. Rochester is home to the Mayo Clinic and IBM. Our city draws residents and visitors from around the world. Competitive salary and benefits provided.
Please visit this link to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at www.applitrack.com/rochester/onlineapp.