Position: Library Media Specialist
School: Noble Academy
Description: General Purpose:
To oversee the organization and flow of a newly refurbished Media Center at Noble Academy, serving grades K-8.
• Provides support and resources for students and staff
• Maintain proper documentation and identification of books, whether they be newly checked out, renewed, overdue, lost, and/or damaged
• Proper scanning and re-shelving of books
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and/or CEO
Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a variety of personality types and dispositions in numerous circumstances while maintaining a controlled, tactful, respectful, professional manner
• Excellent team player skills with positive attitude
• Ability to maintain a calm presence in an emergency
• Ability to think clearly in any situation, determine priorities, and handle multiple tasks
• Ability to make appropriate decisions quickly
• Willingness to show initiative in problem solving and team goal achievements
• Associate Degree
• Previous experience & knowledge working with computers and computer software is preferred
• Must have good communication and relationship building skills
• Must be able to communicate effectively with staff and students
• Must love working with children
About the School:
How to Apply: HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should download and complete Noble Academy’s employment application from www.nobleacademy.us and submit it with a cover letter, resume and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all employees are expected to understand their role as stated herein and understand that this list is not inclusive. All staff must follow through with responsibilities knowing that sometimes they will have to perform tasks assigned by the Superintendent and/or Deputy Superintendent that are not part of their job descriptions. Responsibilities are subject to change with or without notice.
Noble Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Employment consideration is made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected statuses.
This position is posted by the Minnesota Association of Charter Schools on behalf of Noble Academy. For more information on this and other job openings available in Minnesota charter schools, go to http://www.mncharterschools.org/networking-exchange/careers.php.