Job Title: Library/Info Res Serv Supv Sr
Job ID: 36831
Location: St. Paul
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Metropolitan State University, Minnesota’s public, urban university, and recipient of the 2019 Insight Into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award is seeking to hire a Library Services manager. This is a full-time permanent within the Library and Information Services Department.
The Library Services Manager performs professional and supervisory library work involving the day-to-day activities related to library services including circulation of library materials, course reserves, interlibrary loan, provision of computer and information assistance, and access to library services and spaces. Supervises Library Technicians and student assistants. In the absence of the Library Operations Manager, supervises College Laboratory Assistants and serves as his or her backup.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of library science and library operations sufficient to plan, provide, and innovate effective library services.
- One (1) year of experience providing services in an academic library
- Experience providing customer service in an academic library setting
- Two (2) years of experience supervising full-time staff
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience providing circulation, reserve, or interlibrary loan services
- Experiencing managing internal library communications
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment
- Master’s degree in library and information science
Requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes and heavy hand tools or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. Even though the weights being lifted may only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor/.
How to Apply
To apply visit: https://careers.mn.gov/
Use Job ID: 36831
If you have questions about the position, contact Michele Chilinski at email@example.com or 651/793-1811.
For TTY, call Minnesota Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) at 7-1-1 or 1-800-627-3529.