The Board of Trustees of the Town and Country Public Library District in Elburn, Illinois, seeks an enthusiastic and forward-thinking leader to serve as Library Director. Located in the far western suburbs of Chicago, the library provides service to more than 12,000 residents of the Village of Elburn and nearby communities.
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a beautiful library that has a friendly staff, dedicated board of trustees, and supportive community.
About the Opportunity
The Town and Country Library Director will be expected to:
- Lead and inspire the staff and the library in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork and trust
- Cultivate community partnerships and be highly visible in the community
- Continue to move the library forward to best serve the needs of the community
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience in a high-level public library leadership role with financial responsibilities and an appreciation for alternative funding
- Ability to act as a consensus builder and work collaboratively with the library board, staff, and community
- Intellectual curiosity and openness to new ideas, coupled with a good business sense
Additional Qualifications and Requirements
- Understanding of both traditional and new ways libraries serve communities
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “TCPLD” in the subject line of your email. For full consideration, please apply by January 15.
Salary $80,000/year or higher, negotiable based on experience. Excellent benefits. Town and Country Library is in the process of securing IMRF compensation for its employees.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
John Keister & Associates