Job Title: Library Dev And Svcs Spec (AA18203)
Job ID: 24069
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Class: Library Development And Services Specialist
Working Title: Support & Training Specialist
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 05/30/2018
Closing Date: 06/20/2018
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota State / Mankato State University
Division/Unit: PALS Department
Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift; 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Days of Work: Monday – Friday
Travel Required: Yes
Salary Range: $26.58 – $39.41/hourly; $55,499 – $82,288/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 – MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
FLSA Status: Exempt – Professional
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The position exists to provide PALS customers with consultation, software support, and training and documentation services. The incumbent specializes in circulation/fulfillment issues and patron records in the Alma library management system and other supported software.
Consultation includes advising customers about implementing standards and best practices as well as designing efficient workflows. In addition, this position will actively participate in the user communities, collaborating with user groups, committees, and task forces. Software support includes analyzing, prioritizing, and managing support incidents, resolving software application issues, reporting bugs, testing functionality in version upgrades, and assisting customers in configuring and using the software to meet their needs.
The incumbent will deliver in-person and web-based training designed to meet customer needs, using a variety of formats and delivery methods. They will create thorough and well-written documentation as needed for training, consultation and software support to meet the needs of PALS customers and staff.
The position explores emerging technologies and standards for library systems, positioning PALS for the future. In the performance of their duties, the incumbent will gather and analyze technical information, manage and implement projects, and communicate effectively with broad audiences including library staff, vendors, and statewide and national library organizations.
Continuing professional development is expected. Some travel is required.
• Master’s Degree in Library Science and/or 6 years professional experience performing Library work
• Deomonstrated knowledge of library automation systems and familiarity with MARC
• Communication: Written and verbal communication skills sufficient to write, prepare, and edit materials such as memos, procedures, reports, presentations, etc., and clearly explain, discuss, communicate and present complex ideas, regulations, policies and procedures to customers, staff, managers and senior managers.
• Communication: Presentation skills sufficient to present to large groups and/or managers & senior managers.
• Problem-solving: Analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills sufficient to fully understand end-user requirements and create viable business solutions.
• Initiative: Demonstrated ability to work independently and take the initiative to do a job without regular help and advice from others.
• Ability to travel
• Teamwork skills sufficient to be a productive member of a team and work in a collaborative environment.
• Experience with Alma library management system
• Experience in library circulation services
• Experience troubleshooting software applications
• Project management experience
• Knowledge of adult learning and training techniques
• Experience organizing and leading learning opportunities
• Creative and innovative perspective
• Demonstrated ability in working with diverse populations
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Original posting / application information: Visit the MN Careers website and search for job ID 24069