Salary: $17.45 – $17.97 Hourly
Location: Northtown Library, MN
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 18185
Closing: 10/15/2018 4:30 PM Central
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the northern Twin Cities metropolitan area where you can make a meaningful difference in others’ lives and enjoy a positive work-life balance?
Our diverse Anoka County team brings next-level talents, personalities and experiences together in ways that make us both effective and efficient. Our team of nearly 2,000 employees is united by a common mission to preserve the public’s trust. We do this by bringing our very best to work every day and serving Anoka County’s 345,000 citizens in a respectful, innovative and fiscally responsible manner.
If your career aspirations resonate with our mission, we invite you to Find Your Path with Anoka County! Apply today to join our team.
Library Circulation Supervisor
The Library Circulation Supervisor brings their leadership abilities to create a welcoming and efficient library environment, for both patrons in public areas and for circulation staff, behind the scenes. This role makes a positive impact on work environment, efficient collection and record management, and patron experiences.
The Library Circulation Supervisor hires, trains, schedules and coaches the Library Service Assistants and volunteers, and seeks to help them discover the fullness of value in their work. Working with the Northtown Branch Manager, this role will also be involved in developing processes, policies and improvements that will empower staff to excel in their work.
Your great ideas for improvements, innovations, building ever-better working relationships and exceptional customer service can become a reality; apply today to become a Library Circulation Supervisor.
This full-time, benefit eligible position, is located in Blaine, at the Northtown branch of the Anoka County Library.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
Duties and Responsibilities
These examples are not all inclusive and are intended to be illustrative of primary responsibilities of an Anoka County Library Circulation Supervisor.
• Delivers consistent quality customer service.
• Supervises and assist assigned staff in performing various library circulation services; coordinate with other library staff on inter-related activities.
• Assists library patrons in the use of library resources, facilities, technology, and equipment and refers inquiries to an appropriate source, maintains patron confidentiality.
• Monitors, evaluates and recommends improvements to circulation system procedures and divisional policies and procedures.
• Develops work schedules and assigns tasks to circulation personnel, answers telephone, responds to inquiries and routes call appropriately.
• Responds to patron questions; explains library circulation policies and services to the public; deals with patron concerns.
• Maintains records, prepares reports, and compiles statistical data on circulation activities.
• Operates computerized cash register system and instructs and verifies proper money handling processes.
• May serve on system-wide teams and complete other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• 1 year of full-time work experience (2,080 hours) in a public library or similar public service setting.
• Work experience as a supervisor, project manager, or lead library staff member.
• Associate degree or higher.
• 2 or more years (2,080 hours per year) of work experience in a public library.
• Principles of efficient and effective customer service.
• Current public library practices, tools, methods and procedures.
• Publishing trends and reader’s advisory principles.
• Computers, technology and electronic devices with ability to perform troubleshooting tasks to assist patrons.
• Organization, supervision, training and performance evaluation.
• Leadership, confidentiality, and interpersonal communications.
• Supervision and ability to direct employees and volunteers.
• Independent decision making.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
• Using and assisting customers with technology.
• Manage change, organizational development and time management.
• Work independently.
• Manage a library department.
• Thrive working in an environment with public service to people from all backgrounds and age groups.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, cultural sensitivity and a sense of humor in working with customers, coworkers and community.
• Creatively solve problems, negotiate and handle stressful situations in a positive manner.
• Multi-task and prioritize while demonstrating innovation and flexibility.
• Operate and train staff on software including Windows, Microsoft Office, SIRSI (library’s patron and collections system), online research databases, RFD security systems.
• Stand, bend, stoop, reach and carry materials, for extended periods, on a regular basis.
Anoka County Salary Schedule, Grade B009
Normal hiring range: $36,296 to $37,377 ($17.45 to $17.97 per hour)
2018 full salary range: $36,296 to $55,265 ($17.45 to $26.57 per hour) Career potential up to $66,081 ($31.77 per hour).
Eligible for a promotional probationary increase after successfully passing the probationary period.
Full-time; 40 hours per pay week; scheduled as listed below and primarily performed at the Northtown branch of the Anoka County Library. Hours and assignment may vary based on business needs and at supervisor discretion.
Week 1 of the Pay period:
Week 2 of the pay period:
Occasional Sundays (Labor Day to Memorial Day)
The examination/selection process for this classification will consist of a review of your training and experience from the application materials submitted. The most qualified candidates will be invited for an oral exam or interview.
Include responses to all supplemental questions with your application no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date of the position. Resume and cover letter submissions are accepted but are not required. The resume cannot be used in lieu of the application.
If you have a disability that would prevent you from testing for a position under standard conditions or if you wish to submit Veteran’s Preference information, please notify Megan Will, in the Anoka County Employee Relations Department, at 763-324-4324 so that every reasonable effort can be made to accommodate you.