Salary: $17.03 – $21.29 Hourly
Location: Shakopee, MN
Job Type: Part Time
Division: Community Services Division
Job Number: 2017-00064
Closing: 11/21/2017 11:59 PM Central
This position is at the Belle Plain and Jordan Libraries and works approximately 15 hours per week.
The eligible register developed from this posting may be used to fill future FT and PT vacancies within this classification.
The Library Associate is key to creating exceptional customer experiences. Welcomes customers to the library and proactively assists customers through various aspects of using the library. Performs all circulation functions; assists customers with library accounts, including accepting payment; provides basic technology assistance; and performs other duties as required by the needs of service. Hours and location of work may vary to best serve the needs of library customers.
Expected hours are Tuesdays 9:30-12:30; Thursdays 12:45-8:15; Saturdays 9:45-2:15.
• Supports local branch service delivery by welcoming customers to the library, determining customer needs, and connecting customers with appropriate resources and staff; answering directional and basic informational questions; planning, delivering, and/or monitoring programs; and marketing and promoting programs throughout the library system.
• Assists customers with library accounts and materials, including processing account applications; verifying account information; checking materials in and out; renewing materials; placing holds and interlibrary loan requests; accepting payment and making change; and responding to customer concerns and disputes.
• Assists customers through various aspects of using the library, including library materials, public access catalog, Internet stations, printers, copiers, self-checkout, etc. Provides technology troubleshooting and assistance as needed.
• Supports local branch operations by completing opening and closing procedures; performing collection maintenance tasks; providing work direction and training to library aides and volunteers; supporting and training new hires and substitutes; and offering general assistance to Librarians and Branch Manager.
• Participates in job-related meetings, events, and training.
• Works the hours and/or shifts assigned and begins and ends work on time.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
• Requires equivalency of two years post-secondary education (bachelor’s degree preferred). Preference given to applicants with previous library or customer service experience. Must possess a valid class D driver’s license. The incumbent shall provide a reliable means of transportation for the performance of work responsibilities.
Selection for this position will be based on a minimum qualifications screening and rating of training and experience. Top candidates will be forwarded to the hiring manager or supervisor for consideration for interview and/or additional assessments. Final selection will include a background check and approval by the County Board.