Salary: $20.62 – $27.79 Hourly
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Job Type: Part Time
Job Number: 18-01237O
Closing: 11/12/2018 4:30 PM Central
General Duty Statement|
Performs paraprofessional library work in providing reference, information, and material loan services to customers. Performs other related duties as required.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE CURRENT OPENING:
The current and future openings require working a variety of work shifts including days, weekends, and nights during the days and hours of operation listed below.
Monday – Thursday – 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday – Saturday – 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Sunday – 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The eligible list created from this assessment will also be used to fill both part time and full time Library Associate positions as they become available in the Library Department.
Essential Functions are the functions that the individual holding the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. The Essential Functions for this position are identified in the Supplemental Information section of the Library Associate Job Description.
The City of Saint Paul has established a Racial Equity Strategy with goals of ending racial disparity in the City as an organization, achieving racial equity in city services and engagement, and eliminating race-based disparities in our community. This citywide effort is designed to ensure that race does not predetermine opportunities in education, employment, housing, health and safety.
Must be met by one of the following:
• A bachelor’s degree; OR
• Two years of college (60 semester credits) and two years of reference and referral library services experience plus two courses in library-related classes; OR
• A Certificate in Urban Library Services or equivalent certification and one-year of library services experience.
Experience can be substituted for education.
Some of the positions in this classification will be required to read, write, and speak fluently in a language other than English, as designated in the job announcement.
By Closing Date, you MUST
1. Submit a City of Saint Paul online application, including answers to the Supplemental Questionnaire.
2. Upload the following required documents via the online application system. (Zip files and web links will not be accepted. Each uploaded attachment is limited to 10MB.) A legible copy of your resume (required), and
3. A legible copy of your proof of your transcript or certifications (required), and
• A legible copy of your resume (required), and
• A legible copy of your cover letter (optional).
Selection Process Information
The Qualifications Rating is an assessment of your answers to the Supplemental Questionnaire. Be as specific and detailed as possible in completing your application and any attachments. You must submit your completed application, supplemental questionnaire and any attachments by the application deadline.
Open Job Posting: This posting is open to anyone who meets the position requirements.
Final Selection Process:
A Hiring Manager will consider applicants placed on the list of eligible candidates. You will be notified if you are invited to participate in the final selection process which may include an interview, job simulation, work sample submission, or other evaluation method.
Condition of Employment: This position will require a background check which may include criminal history, and employment history as a condition of employment. The City of Saint Paul encourages individuals to apply for positions regardless of criminal history.