I. Position Title: Library Assistant I – Public Service Substitute
Margaret Welch Memorial Library, Longville, MN. Hours vary and are irregular. Position available until filled.
II. Position Description
The person who fills this position is a part-time, occasional substitute responsible for providing library service directly to library users in accordance with Kitchigami policies and procedures. This person is responsible to and supervised by the Branch Manager and works in cooperation with other staff members and volunteers to provide effective library service to the public.
Primary responsibility is providing service directly to library users, which includes the ability to work in every area of the library.
1. Performs circulation, reference, and other public service duties.
2. Compiles statistics and completes reports as required.
3. Maintains current knowledge of authors, materials, and information services.
4. Operates branch or department as designated by branch or department manager.
5. Completes special projects as assigned. Substitute staff work includes Saturdays, within the branch hours as listed on www.krls.org.
High school graduation or equivalency certificate and a minimum of one year job related experience required including computer skills. Background or course
work in library service, literature, or office skills preferred but not required.
IV. Salary and Benefits
$11.06 per hour. Covered by Workers Compensation.