Title: Library Assistant IV, Public Service, 40 hours per week, 5 days per week.
Job Summary: Public Services Coordinator, Assistant to Branch Manager. Provides efficient library service to the public in the library as well as outside the library. The person works
in accordance with Kitchigami Regional Library policies, procedures, and goals.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 3 years of prior library experience; or a combination of education and experience necessary to perform the work.
Experience: Three years job-related experience, including computer use, library automation and/or research databases, and supervisory duties.
Skills and Qualifications:
• be customer service oriented
• excellent public speaking skills
• have established reference skills
• ability to plan and implement computer classes and other adult library programs
• the ability to:
– work independently as well as with other people of all ages
– ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, branch manager, community groups and leaders, and the public.
– develop procedures, organize work; have the ability to communicate well (spoken and written)
– ability to type, to operate computers and other library equipment
– ability to perform physical tasks as required by specific work situations
– ability to pay attention to detail
– knowledge of library use and materials.
Responsible to: Supervised by the Branch Manager, working in cooperation with other staff members and volunteers.
Includes but is not limited to: Coordinate public reference services, as well as manage library in Branch Manager’s absence, non-fiction collection development, scheduling, direct and train
employees and volunteers, design and conduct computer classes and other library programs, perform circulation functions, statistic reports, and handle petty cash intake and reports.
The schedule is every other Saturday and at least one evening year-round. The Bemidji Public Library serves the public Monday through Saturday throughout the year. Covered by Worker’s Compensation and Unemployment Compensation, Social Security, PERA, sick and vacation time, health insurance, and has a probationary period of 12 weeks. Pay rate starts at $17.61 per hour.
Apply with a fully completed and signed KRLS application form to Branch Manager, Bemidji Public Library, 509 America Avenue NW, Bemidji, MN 56601 by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 13, 2018.