Position Title: Library Assistant I Administrative / Communications Assistant (part-time; 16 hours, non-benefited)
The Hudson Area Public Library, located in Hudson, WI, has a part-time position (14 hours/ week) available for a Library Assistant I. This is a position that requires excellent communication skills, a heart for service, adaptability, and professionalism.
• Prepares and emails / mails library board and committee meeting packets to Library Board of Trustees, in a timely manner;
• Prepares open meeting notices and agendas, as directed by Library Director.
• Provides administrative and clerical support to director, as well as communications and marketing support;
• Maintains and updates Library website with Board documents, meeting information, minutes and agendas;
• Answers and directs phone calls, as appropriate;
• Assist Communications and Marketing Assistant with creating promotional materials; creates displays to promote programs; and ensures all promotional materials are printed and distributed throughout Library, as needed;
• Assists with coordination of meeting room spaces;
• Maintains monthly programming, meeting room, social media, and other statistics, and;
• Maintains the confidentiality of sensitive information at all times.
Other Duties: As required.
Anticipated schedule, subject to change:
Monday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
This is the basic schedule, although flexibility is required. There may be schedule changes based on library needs, especially due to programming.
If interested in this position, please submit a completed City of Hudson application; your resume and cover letter, and supplementary questionnaire to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be reviewed as received and interview will be ongoing. Application acceptance may close at any time.
1.) Please describe your experience managing multiple priorities and how you effectively meet deadlines. Provide an example to support your answer.
2.) Why do you want to work for the Hudson Area Public Library and what interests you about this position?
3.) How do you actively participate and contribute to a positive, productive, and collaborative work team? Provide an example of your experiences to support your answer.
4.) Are you proficient in Microsoft Office? What other software are you proficient in, for example Adobe Photoshop; In-Design; etc.
5.) Do you have experience working with the backend of a website? Do you have experience with WordPress websites? If so, please provide a description of you experience.
6.) When would you be available to start, if hired?