Salary: $16.10 – $24.14 Hourly
Location: Chanhassen Library, MN
Job Type: Part-Time(PT Benefits Eligible)
Division: Public Services
Job Number: 01373
Department: Library Services-Chanhassen/Victoria
Closing: 8/9/2018 4:30 PM Central
The Library Assistant is responsible for providing customer service to patrons while performing a variety of duties associated with the delivery and operation of library services.
Hours for this position will vary between day, evening, and weekend hours.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participates in and implements customer services responsibilities associated with the circulation desk, including but not limited to, registering library cards, checking in and out library materials, handling fines and fees, processing problem check-ins and directing patrons in the use of library services and materials.
• Performs all duties associated with library material handling and distribution.
• Instruct and assist customers in the use of the online catalog and other library electronic equipment and machines including fax, copiers, computers, printers, and self check-out machines.
• Process fines and fees and handle money and credit card transactions including reconciling cash reports and making bank deposits.
• Perform opening and closing library duties and prepare the library for public use.
• Process incoming and outgoing library materials from all local and regional libraries, including Interlibrary Loan materials and Express Library locations.
• Process new and withdraw old issues of magazines and newspapers.
• Prepare new and mend materials for circulation by adding plastic jackets, labeling, inventorying, stamping and barcoding materials
•Assists in shelving materials and maintaining the appearance and order of the library.
•Performs other duties of a comparable level or type.
• High school diploma or GED and one year related work experience in a customer service field, preferably library experience or face-to-face customer service
SCORED EXAMINATION PROCESS
All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications, scored and ranked. The highest ranked candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be recommended for the scored oral examinations (interviews). Final selection for the position will include successful completion of oral interview(s) and background investigation.