OPENING DATE: 03/13/17
CLOSING DATE: 03/24/17 04:30 PM
SALARY: $46,550.40 – $69,513.60 Annually
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: Chanhassen Library
DEPARTMENT/OFFICE: Public Services
Under the direction of the Branch Manager, this professional position requires an understanding of theories and principles related to public library work. This position assists the public in using
Carver County Library materials and resources by providing professional reference and reader’s advisory services; program and project planning and implementation; cataloging, collection and
website development and maintenance; and other related duties as assigned. May serve as librarian-in-charge in the absence of Branch Manager.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides direct customer service to library customers of all ages.
• Plans, implements and monitors an on-going program such as: Cataloging, Collection development, service to age-based such as youth or adult and/or other groups; Internet or other
electronic resources; and/or other program areas as assigned by supervisor. Represents library at community meetings and/or participates in community partnerships.
• Routinely serves as librarian-in-charge of a library branch in the absence of branch manager
• Routinely develops and maintains web pages and other virtual library components.
• Performs other duties of a comparable level or similar nature.
• Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science or related field
• Bachelor’s Degree in Library or Information Science or related field AND two years of library experience may be substituted for Master’s Degree
SCORED EXAMINATION PROCESS:
All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications, scored and ranked. The highest ranked candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be recommended for the scored oral
examinations (interviews). Final selection for the position will include successful completion of oral interview(s) and background investigation.
Applications must be received in Employee Relations no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date. Resumes may be included, but will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
600 East 4th Street
Chaska, MN 55318
An Equal Opportunity Employer