Position Title: Part-time Librarian
Hours: two to three half days a week
Pay rate: (based on the experience)
Supervisor: Campus Director
American Academy of Health and Wellness is hiring a Librarian to manage oversight and operation of the library. The Librarian is responsible for ensuring proper description and organization of assets that allow the faculty, staff and students to find and navigate the information about the TCM as a whole. The Librarian reports to the campus director and works closely with the administration team to shape the vision and focus of the research collections and to determine strategies to achieve them.
- Responsible for management of the library’s collection of books and periodicals.
- Manage library activities related to the storage, upkeep, access, preservation, and circulation of the library collections in accordance with ALA and SAA standards and best practices.
- Upkeep library stacks and reading room area.
- Oversee and maintain collection management systems and other tools to create online finding aids and points of access to the library.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for users of the library.
- Carry out other duties as assigned including assistance with special projects as needed.
- Degree in Library Science or currently enrolled in a library science program, with sufficient knowledge and experience to manage a school library and archival materials.