Academia Cesar Chavez is dedicated to providing a quality dual-language education which prepares critically thinking, socially competent, values driven, and culturally aware bilingual and bi-literate learners by advocating Latino cultural values in an environment of familia and community. Academia Cesar Chavez is dedicated to raising the bar and closing the achievement gap for Latino children. Academia Cesar Chavez is a public school open to all students and their families at no cost. We offer services to students and their families in a culturally sensitive and personalized way. Academia Cesar Chavez admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
The Librarian will coordinate library programs and services to our PreK – 8 scholars.
Specific duties include
• Monitor library activities to ensure an atmosphere conductive to library use
• Assist scholars and teachers
• Organize the library for ease of use and reading level
• Incorporate Latino cultuel into everyday lessons and activities
• Acquire new materials as requested
• Support special projects for school programs or specific teacher requests
• Maintain productive, supportive relationships with scholars, teachers and parents.
This position requires:
• Prior experience working as a librarian or going to school to become a librarian
• Ability to learn quickly
• Familiar or able to learn the Follett system
• Experience working with scholars in elementary and middle school
• Experience working in diverse environment
• A commitment to the mission, vision and values of Academia Cesar Chavez
To learn more about Academia Cesar Chavez, please visit our website at www.cesarchavezschool.com