Institution: MINNESOTA STATE COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE – MOORHEAD CAMPUS
1900 28th Avenue South
Moorhead, MN 56560
Classification: Librarian/Information Studies (Unclassified MSCF-CC Faculty)
Minnesota State Community and Technical College (M State), invites applications for a full-time Librarian to begin August 14, 2017. This position will become unlimited upon completion of the required six (6) semesters of probationary status. The primary campus for this position will be Moorhead and will travel to the other campuses (Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Wadena) on a regular basis.
Examples of Duties:
• Provide vision and leadership in the development of strategic planning processes, budgets, and administrative practices for the library.
• Model positive experiences for library patrons by presenting a positive image of the Library in attitude and communications while performing duties and supporting library team members to do the same.
• Provide library leadership for faculty and staff to assure that instructional programs, resources, and services promote the welfare and best interests of students in a manner consistent with the mission and vision of the College.
• Coordinate and supervise circulation, periodicals, inter-library loan, reserves, cataloging, and electronic resources for all M State sites.
• Provide reference assistance to patrons and library technicians; develop and provide in-class training for students and faculty across the College around library resources and information literacy.
• Initiate, coordinate, and assess services that support student success.
• Oversee procedures that ensure integrity in proctoring for patrons of the M State libraries.
• Adjust library services as needed in response to evolving technologies, user expectations, and patterns in learning.
• Demonstrate an effort to improve cultural competence and actively takes steps to include diversity training in professional development.
• Participate in planning, developing, and delivering high quality library services for on-campus and online students.
• Work with faculty and staff in identifying library materials to support classroom instruction.
• Ensure that library usage training and support resources are available for students to support library usage and student access.
• Utilize technology to create efficiencies in processes or services.
• Promote technology use in library services.
• Travel among campuses (Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead, Wadena).
Master’s degree in library science or equivalent degree
Minnesota State eligibility for credentialing is required. See website for criteria: http://www.cfc.mnscu.edu/fields/Code/credentials.php?action=view&cid=133.
• Significant experience in professional and/or academic library setting.
• Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and collaborate with internal and external entities.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including listening, speaking, writing and the ability to deal tactfully with diverse populations in a positive, courteous, and helpful manner.
• Strong problem-solving skills sufficient to identify and clarify problems or issues, to prepare and execute possible solutions under the direction of a supervisor.
• Demonstrated experience building and supporting positive and successful teams.
Application deadline is June 23, 2017. Please apply online at http://www.minnesota.edu/jobs/ (click on “Jobs at M State” and “Academic and Administrator”).