Librarian – (R-2475)
Land O’Lakes Dairy Foods division is a leading marketer of a full line of dairy-based consumer, foodservice and food ingredient products across the United States. This division also includes Global Dairy Ingredients that sells a portfolio of value-added dairy ingredients (specialty powders, milk powder, cheese, butter and whey) and offers expertise to large international customers.
Job Description and Qualifications
This position will work as a team member with Dairy Foods R&D Library Research Resources providing timely, accurate information resources and research results to the Dairy Foods Research and Development Department other departments within Land O’Lakes, Inc.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the Library catalog and Library collection, including circulation of materials.
• Catalog, index, and purchase various books and research materials and serve as the primary contact for journals subscriptions and book acquisitions.
• In charge of purchasing and maintaining collection resources.
• In charge of Records Management for the department.
• Train employees on the use of various research resources, including electronic resources.
• Provide reference assistance to library customers.
• Help with the maintenance of the department SharePoint site.
• Help locate and search for documents, records and reports from the department’s archived collection.
• Conduct research in the areas of food science, agriculture, marketing, new product developments and finance. Includes literature and patent searching using ProQuest Dialog, Questel Orbit, EBSCO Discovery Service, Dun & Bradstreet, Internet searching and the use of Science Direct, Wiley Online Library and Knovel ebooks to search for information.
Experience & Education (Required):
• BA or MLS in Information Management or Library Science or equivalent experience.
• 3 +years working in a corporate library setting.
• Strong database management experience with a cataloging and indexing skill set.
• Experience with collection management.
• Strong attention to detail with the agility to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks combined with a strong customer focus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability and willingness to effectively relate to customer needs.
• The ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Solid search skills and experience with online search databases like ProQuest Dialog.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Proficient in patent searching.
• Experience working in Science and/or business background.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Primary Location: US-Minnesota-Arden Hills
Job Function: Research and Development
Organization: Supply Chain
Job Type: Experienced
Job Posting: Mar 7, 2018