Position Type: Support Staff
Date Posted: 2/6/2019
Location: 1515 Brewster St
Date Available: August 2019
Manage and coordinate all aspects of the school library, media center books and resources. Inventory all school academic related learning materials and textbooks.
To ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information
To empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information
To instill a love of learning in all students and ensure equitable access to information
To provide the leadership and expertise necessary to ensure that the school library program (SLP) is aligned with the mission, goals, and objectives of the school and the school district, and is an integral component of the learning/instructional program
• Work mainly in the school media center/library to develop, research, and maintain books, provide support to teachers and students in all aspects of library needs
• Help to arrange all books in the library stacks according to the Follet System of organization
• Inventory and scan all books housed in the library
• Recommend selections of books that will benefit HCPA students; collaborate with the Curriculum Team and Admin Team to identify best match for HCPA students
• Assist in installation of new technology equipment (ie fax, copier, software) in classrooms, on computers and ensure the equipment is working correctly for the teachers/staff
• Schedule Library time for K-12 students
• Media Center will lamination of materials per staff/teacher request
• Provide small group reading in library that fit school curriculum
• Complete additional tasks as deemed necessary.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Liberian and Median Teacher will do their best to create an environment where collaboration and creative problem solving thrive and is an excellent communicator to keep the staff informed. The Liberian Teacher demonstrates his or her role as a visible and active member within the school community, an advocate for HCPA, and a professional member of the school library community by:
• sharing his/her expertise by providing reports about the media/library to faculty meetings, parent meetings, and school board meetings when necessary
• Collaborate with Directors and/or teachers to determine best library rotation schedule for K-5 and 6-12 classrooms
• Knowledge of computer operation, applications, data entry and retrieval
• Knowledge of office procedures, practices and policies
• Knowledge of first aid procedures
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Knowledge of the program, functions, and procedures of a school setting
• Time management
• Dictation and transcribe of notes, memos and etc.
• Proficient with applicable Microsoft applications and/or library Follet System
• Operate office equipment’s and machines such as fax machines, copies, phone systems, postage machine and use of computers.
• Ability to multiple tasks at once;
• Establish and maintain effective and cooperative relationships with students, parents, teachers and other school staff
• Remain calm in emergency and stressful situations
• BA in School Media/Librarian or Business or equivalent of experience may be considered.
• Operate standard equipment (computer, fax machine, telephone, copier machines, etc.)
• Complete additional job requirements that support and enhance teaching and learning, such as appropriate participation in professional development and training sessions; off-campus sessions, etc.
• Fast pace office environment: Ability to work 40 hours
• Frequent keyboarding which calls for repetitive motion and rapid eye movements
• Frequent use of the telephone: Ability to sit for extended periods of time: Ability to push, reach, or bend
• Perform other school related duties as assigned by supervisor
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hmong College Prep Academy will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance. The Hmong College Prep Academy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action School District.