Salary: $24.26 – $33.32 Hourly
Location: Hennepin County, MN
Job Type: Varies
Job Number: 18LIB183JRF105
Closing: 12/14/2018 11:59 PM Central
Hennepin County Library’s (HCL) Library Services Division is seeking enthusiastic, engaged individuals to fill current and future Librarian openings. Librarians play a key role in providing services in libraries and in the community. Librarians engage with the diverse communities of Hennepin County to advance equity and to help reduce disparities in education, employment, income, and justice.
Librarians are essential members of teams that enable us to accomplish our mission to nourish minds, transform lives, and build communities together.
Effective January 6, 2019, there will be a general salary adjustment of 2.5% to the minimum and maximum of the range.
Location and hours:
Our current opening includes one full-time position at Minneapolis Central Library downtown. The list created from this posting may be used to fill future openings. For a list of all locations click here.
The schedule for these positions include full-time and part-time opportunities, and all staff schedules include evening and weekend shifts.
Those interested in this position at other locations are also encouraged to apply at this time.
In this position, you will:
• Provide excellent library service to community members of all ages and abilities and from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
• Reach out to community organizations; develop and maintain relationships and collaborate to create services and programs that fit local needs and interests and that reflect the mission of Hennepin County Library.
• Create a positive work environment through flexibility, accountability, and leadership.
• Provide program and project management and/or serve on a team as a leader or member.
Need to have:
• ALA (American Library Association) accredited Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Science.
Nice to have:
• Experience building community connections with a wide variety of organizations to collaborate, develop, and deliver programs or services.
• Ability to be patron-focused and flexible, adjusting the services delivered as community needs, resources, and technology evolve.
• Experience providing customer service, instruction, or outreach to customers of all ages and backgrounds.
• Demonstrated commitment to advancing equity and reducing disparities in the community.
Candidates with fluency in another language in addition to English are encouraged to apply. Bilingual candidates who pass a language assessment may qualify for additional bilingual pay and duties.
About the department:
Hennepin County Library works to nourish minds, transform lives and build community together. We are about much more than books. In addition to a collection of almost 5 million books, CDs and DVDs, the library system maintains a treasure trove of documents and online resources, and offers programming to aid and enrich the lives of people who live and work in Hennepin County.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals — that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.