Status: Full Time
Schedule: Mon – Fri
Hours of Work: 8am-4:30pm
Apply URL: http://www.Click2apply.net/d6r235jc4hm5h47w
Close Date: 12/28/2018
The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is the world’s leading organization singularly dedicated to combating addiction to alcohol and drugs with a full continuum of services.
Over the course of a year, we:
• Serve over 15,000 patients annually through treatment centers in Minnesota, California, Illinois, Oregon, New York, and Florida
• Educate over 600 professionals through our accredited Hazelden Graduate School of Addiction Studies, Professionals in Residence program and Summer Institute for Medical Students.
• Provide publishing books and materials for over 32,000 publishing customers
• Provide prevention services to over 50,000 students across the United States and the world
One of our key strategic objectives is people – our employees are essential in the process of propelling our organization forward to meet the challenges and opportunities ahead. Are you ready to excel in these challenges and opportunities? Do you possess the qualities below? Join Our Team!
What are we looking for?
• Individuals with a Client, Customer, and/or Stakeholder Focus
• Results-oriented attitude
• Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork
• Courage and Commitment
• Adaptability and Learning Agility
What do we offer?
• Competitive Benefits (health, dental, vision, etc)
• Paid Time-Off
• Training Opportunities
• Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
• Tuition Reimbursement
Diverse individuals encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
To utilize special librarianship to maintain, develop, and promote services provided by the Hazelden Betty Ford Library, and meet the information literacy needs of Hazelden Betty Ford staff, leadership, faculty, students, interns, stakeholders and partners, and others.
• Provide professional response to requests for information from employees, faculty, students, Hazelden Betty Ford stakeholders, and appropriate external clients to ensure a thoughtful, thorough, comprehensive, and accurate outcome that meets the reasonable needs of the client.
• Maintain and develop the physical and digital collection of books, journals, newsletters, government documents, audiovisuals, and clipping file materials to ensure patron-ready access to current and relevant historical literature in the addictions field.
• Maintain active membership in pertinent organizations such as SALIS, Docline, Minitex, Central Minnesota Libraries Exchange (CMLE), and Heath Science Libraries of Minnesota (HSLM) to facilitate access to member benefits, and to provide a professional presence for Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation in these networks.
• Maintain statistical data and prepare summary reports of library services.
• Maintain awareness of corporate, graduate school, divisional, and site-specific strategic plans to proactively channel appropriate information to process owners, and maximize efforts for organization-wide library utilization.
• Bachelor’s degree in library science or related field
• Three years in professional library experience
• Excellent customer service skills
• Mastery of Docline and medical database searches
• Master’s degree in library science
• Experience working in a health/medical related specialty library
• Experience working in an academic library
• Knowledge and appreciation for substance use disorder prevention, treatment, and recovery