Job ID 20349BR
Date posted 06/20/2017
Institution Walden University City Minneapolis
Liaison Librarian in the following subject areas: Nursing
Liaison / Outreach Role & Responsibilities
• Serve as the Library’s expert on the needs of the faculty and students in designated programs.
• Collect information and data both anecdotal and statistical to identify points in programs that would benefit from library instruction or intervention.
• Maintain knowledge of the evolving content of the curriculum, goals, and expected outcomes.
• Identify first courses or early courses where students need to develop information literacy skills and final or large scale research projects where students need advanced research skills.
• Identify, establish, and maintain contact (outreach) with the key stakeholders in the academic programs, academic centers, and course development.
• Identify opportunities for library content to be updated, created, and integrated into courses and programs. (course maintenance and development)
• Networking and awareness of program structure, benchmarking with appropriate institutions and understanding program expectations.
• Develop an annual review schedule of programs to identify upgrades, outdated materials and new opportunities to support students and faculty.
• Review course scope and sequence documents and identify problems and/or needs for instruction development.
• Provide literature review consultations, and support for doctoral students.
• Complete faculty and staff research support on request.
• Develop internal training related to assigned programs and subject areas for staff librarians.
Instruction Role & Responsibilities
• All Liaison Librarians must be trained and involved in production of instructional pieces including assignment guides, quick answers, library labs, tutorials, videos, etc.
• Liaisons will work more specifically within their programs to develop and deliver instruction.
• Liaisons will staff in-person and virtual Residencies and develop instructional and informational materials to improve Residency-based Library experience for students and faculty.
Reference Role & Responsibilities
• All Liaison Librarians will staff the reference desk.
• ALA accredited master’s degree.
• Experience in clinical or academic medical librarianship, or as a nursing liaison
• Experience searching the major academic databases.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Subject knowledge related to Nursing programs bachelors through doctoral.
• Expert-level research ability in online databases.
• Experience teaching information literacy skills including the use of online databases.
• Experience in an online academic library serving students at a distance.
• Experience supporting doctoral level information literacy outcomes.
• This position can be done either virtually or from our office in Minneapolis, MN
• This is a salaried, 40 hour per week, associate librarian position with full benefits.
• Regular hours are Monday through Friday with occasional nights and weekends.
• Travel may be required up to four times per year.