Lake Villa District Library – Learning and Development Coordinator
Are you a leader who relishes the opportunity to grow staff and volunteers through one-to-one, small group, and library wide experiences? Do you have the vision to assist in shepherding a culture where initiative, personal responsibility, and creativity thrive? Lake Villa District Library (LVDL) is seeking such a person to join our Leadership Team in the new position of Learning and Development Coordinator.
We are looking for a savvy and enthusiastic person who will bring a strategic focus to shaping the direction of the library. The ideal candidate will have experience with developing innovative staff learning development opportunities, volunteer supervision, and project management. Exemplary communication skills are a must.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Managing all aspects relating to library staff learning and development, establishing priorities and providing strong leadership and vision in support of the library’s Strategic Plan.
- Fostering a culture of outstanding customer service and teamwork.
- Coaches and partners with managers, supervisors, and others aimed at assisting in employee development.
- Supervises all aspects of the volunteer experience.
This position reports to the Library Director and will collaborate closely with members of the Leadership Team.
See full job description.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
- 2 years of experience in instructional design
- At least 1 year of experience working in a library
Full-time exempt managerial position (37.5 hrs/week). Schedule includes regular weekday hours and some evening and weekend hours.
Salary & Benefits
Offers are made based on skills and experience between the minimum and mid-point of the full salary range: $51,454-$64,318. Full range: $51,454 – $77,181. Full benefit package including medical, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance; participation in Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension plan; paid vacation, holidays, floating holidays, personal leave, sick leave, and recently added benefit of paid parental leave.
Email cover letter, resume and application to email@example.com.
Deadline to Apply
Friday, January 15, 2021, or until position is filled.
To submit the printable application, email a completed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or return a hard copy to the library. (Applications can also be found at the Circulation desk)
To submit the fillable application electronically, please download the PDF to your computer, fill in the fields, and submit to email@example.com or return a hard copy to the library. (Applications can also be found at the Circulation desk)