Job Title: IT Manager – Library
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 04/23/19 11:59 PM Central Time
Salary: $81,013.87 – $132,403.60 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Downtown Minneapolis
Department: County Administration
Hennepin County is seeking an IT Manager to supervise the Library’s IT team which consists of all levels of systems staff engaged in complex technology planning, deployment, and administration of a variety of IT systems.
This IT Manager will provide vision and leadership for the development and implementation of Library IT strategies and initiatives and will serve as a member of the Library senior team to assist with organizational strategy and planning. This position reports to the Business Information Officer for Operations.
The Library IT Manager will exemplify the characteristics of a collaborative, innovative, diverse and resilient work culture, and model the appropriate behaviors to create and maintain this work culture.
Candidates must have a right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by an employer.
Location and hours:
This position will be primarily located at the Ridgedale Library and Administrative Offices, 12601 Ridgedale Drive, Minnetonka, with work at various other library locations, including downtown Minneapolis, and work will occur primarily during business hours.
About the position type:
This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
• Manage a team of technical staff in support of complex, patron-focused operating systems, business systems, database software, hardware deployment, web development and specialized library systems, including supervisory functions such as coaching teams, setting performance expectations and standards, hiring, evaluating performance, administering discipline, assigning and checking work, training and developing employees.
• Initiate, direct and coordinate large, complex projects involving various information technology staff, non-technical staff, patrons and vendors.
• Create and execute staff development plans and the annual operating budget for the Resource Services Division of the Library.
• Collaborate with Hennepin County IT on the Library implementation of such enterprise initiatives such as Office 365 and Azure.
• Collaborate with Hennepin County IT and across the organization on technology planning and directing and coordinating the development, testing and maintenance of business continuity/disaster recovery plans.
Need to have:
• One of the following:
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, management information systems (MIS), or an approved related field and five or more years of experience as an IT specialist within the last seven years; two of which were at the IT supervisor level.
– Associates degree in approved related field or certification in an IT program and seven or more years of experience as an IT specialist within the last nine years; two of which were at the IT supervisor level.
– Nine or more years of experience as an IT specialist within the last eleven years; two of which were at the IT supervisor level.
Nice to have:
– Directing the implementation of electronic service delivery solutions in the public sector (city, county, state, college/university) including third party vendor solutions.
– Initiating and overseeing multiple IT projects through delivery.
– Managing IT vendor contracts.
– Working in a library system.
• Ability to:
– Collaborate and influence team members, senior management, and sponsors.
– Supervise, direct and coordinate the work of assigned staff.
– Establish effective working relationships with a variety of people, both within and outside the organization.
• Effective communication skills.
• Demonstrated skills in use of personal computers and appropriate software applications.
About the department:
The Operations Business Information Office serves our customers through strong partnerships, advocacy, business competency and technical expertise. Our mission is to be a strategic technical liaison, bridging our customers’ business objectives with the County’s technology mission.
Nationally recognized as one of the top libraries in the United States, the Hennepin County Library serves more than 1.25 million residents of the city of Minneapolis and suburban Hennepin County. The library system, comprised of 41 branches, offers more than 5 million books, CDs and DVDs, materials in more than 40 languages, 2,000 public computers and an extensive website.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals — that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as an IT Manager.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to pass a background check.