Cooperating Libraries in Consortium (CLIC) is comprised of six academic libraries in Minneapolis and St. Paul. Working together since 1969, CLIC provides our member academic communities a world-class research library experience. In our first 50 years, CLIC member libraries have proven that working together creates better and more cost-effective outcomes than working alone. CLIC’s mission flows from the missions of our member libraries, and the collaborative framework is built to enhance our strengths and to support the research occurring at our institutions. We count our staff, collections, and facilities among our collective strengths and strategically use our combined assets in creative, collaborative, and effective ways. Together, we share resources, provide greater quality of service, and reduce and contain costs.
More information about CLIC is available here.
POSITION TITLE: Interim Executive Assistant, part-time
PRIMARY FUNCTION: this is a temporary part-time position (20 hrs per week) to ensure smooth and efficient operation and to facilitate communication.
COMPENSATION: $35 per hour. Initial period of employment is 6 months, i.e. mid-June – mid-December 2019, with potential for renewal as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: Relevant experience in academic libraries. Familiarity with library consortia is highly desirable.
REPORTS TO: CLIC Board Executive Committee
BENEFITS: One paid personal day (4 hours per month) for a total of six days over the course of this agreement. and holidays that fall within the period of hire.
1. Connect weekly with business manager re: responsibilities and assigned goals.
2. Report and interface with the Executive Committee, including a monthly report on office operations.
3. Oversee general CLIC communications (statewide consortia, etc.)
4. Prepare agenda and gather necessary documentation for monthly CLIC Board Meetings.
5. Serve as communications link between the CLIC Board and the Committees
6. Coordinate office support for strategic planning, working with Executive Committee.
7. Implement approved budget; monitor and control expenditures
8. Recommend adjustments to the budget.
9. Manage vendor relations and consortium invoicing. (E.g. ebooks collection purchases, CONTENTdm, and ILLiad, etc.).
10. Oversee office space and equipment/software needs.
Review of applications will begin May 1.
Please apply by submitting a letter of interest and CV to Search@clic.edu.